The convergence of AdTech and MarTech has generated a colossal ripple effect throughout the digital media industry. Data-management platforms (DMPs) are the integration layer that can take credit for making all this possible.
Here are 5 big trends going on in the world of AdTech and MarTech.
- Big brands are looking at enterprise grade DMPs in response to cookie ownership/leakage issues. Corporations are trying to determine their needs and capabilities, and Big Cloud CRM companies are looking to acquire DMPs.
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&As) companies are trying to acquire and partner with DMPs, while tech companies are trying to target and nurture across the funnel, not just paid media.
- Breaking down the barriers between customer relationship management (CRM) and AdTech have been advantageous for the digital media industry. Now there are even bigger changes on the horizon as customers gain access to robust online and offline data to leverage activities across the funnel.
- Analytics were previously restricted to landing pages, but now website analytics and advertising analytics are converging to create a more robust report. Cross-device and cross-channel are becoming more prevalent and are offering more value.
- Connecting personalized ad messages to websites via content management systems (CMS) is the next big step. In the future, we’ll see CMS, personalization and testing tools work together to deliver highly personalized and targeted, data-driven content solutions.
These five only begin to scratch the surface of what’s coming in the near future. The convergence of AdTech and MarTech is bringing a whole new level of personalization and engagement to the digital experience – and there’s so much more to come.